A summary of our Summer shows


So after several schoolings with mixed results, we entered our 2nd HT at Maiden.  We ran at this level once last October, and it was very hairy.  Our first run this year in July was equally hairy.  Not because of skill, but because of my mental state.
Our one good show jump - still not straight. 

Our dressage went well, but I had a major panic attack in the jump warm up and we basically crawled through show jumping.  Uno was a saint to carry me over everything with only one rail.  XC was similarly awful, except that I was convinced I was going to fall off.  Around fence 3 I thought fuck it - If I am going to fall I am going to do it fighting.  Once I started actually riding, Uno seemed to recover and carried me over the finish line.  Where my husband met me with my inhaler because I could not breathe.
Uno having fun, me thinking that death was over every fence.

I think it was a prefect storm of ick.  I was in a bad place mentally that month.  It was 105 degrees.  Uno had not showed at the level for 9 months.  We had a lot of cobwebs to knock off and I was not able to ride forward or really do more than point for most of our jumps.  Uno deserves an actual medal for getting me home safe.


We came to almost a full stop before hurtling over this.
I went home and decided to set up 3 scary jumps - a big vertical, a wide oxer, and a barrel jump on the edge of the arena at the top of a hill in a weird shadow.  I jumped them all twice a week. And I trail road.

 

Last month was wonderful!  Our dressage was a bit timid and backed off, but we rocked the jumping and finished on our dressage score. 
At least we actually looked the part for this test.

The jumping courses were actually harder and BIGGER this time around, but I was able to ride forward and DAMN Uno-pony rose to the occasion. 

My Dad commented that we finally got all our feet off the ground at once!
It was actually FUN!



We were nailing our distances, I was breathing the whole way, he was right with me for the whole of XC.   There was a series of related fences including the water and a house I was legit afraid of- and we ROCKED it!

My little pony is AWESOME!


Like so perfect!


 It was the kind of ride you dream about.  I have been riding the high from those jump rounds for the last two weeks.
forgive his awkward bum, but look at our faces - HAPPY TIMES!


Comments

Popular Posts