Making it a habit

Trying to get back to the two post a week habit.


This is our current jump field set up.
This is a SPICY potato that spent the end of last week telling me he was body sore from the new dressage work and weather-related small pen turn out.  I gave him a few days of bute and short stretchy rides and he was back to his perfect self.  We had what would have been a very underwhelming jump school this week, if not for the fact that I had thoroughly freaked myself out and we still jumped clean and easy around a few little courses.
Dutch has been surprisingly sound and ALSO spicy.  I have been hand walking him over raised poles twice a week, ponying him as the weather permits, and hoping on to do 20 - 30 minutes of walk work.  He has THRIVED on this schedule and is a squeally happy little grandpa.


Comments

Popular Posts