Blah

 
Scary Wind is SCARY!
 We had a storm roll through that brought heavy winds and the horses were NOT OK with it.  I have been so mentally fried that I cannot even bother to tack up - I have just clipped reins to their rope halters and hopped on. 
Please see how differently shaped my two horses are - the giraffe and the dually truck.

Seriously - they even spook differently!

This has brought some major break through for Mr Uno that I am certain I would be super excited about, if I had you know - time - to be excited.  He has been able to really settle into his work and get soft and much bendier than normal.  He has also begun picking up a normal horse canter and not the down hill freight train to hell that we were getting. 
This terrible picture is actually my favorite - the Dutch man is ready to get back to work.
By far the most exciting this is that last week the farrier pulled Dutch's shoes and put casts on instead.  We have had an on going saga this summer of Dutch pulling shoes ever 6 to 10 days and totally fucking up his feet.  My farrier is the best person on the planet - but you can't nail into nothing.  The other issue is that even though the shoes were never off for more than 48 hours, having to compensate for the missing shoe ALWAYS made him sore behind.  So really we were dealing with 1 - 2 sound days a week and 5 - 6 days of WTF is wrong now.  The casts have been on for 4 days and he has been super happy with them so far.  Now we just have to keep them relatively dry in the fall wet season.

My happy place!

Comments

Popular Posts