Uno was SO GOOD

 Yesterday was one of those days where I was absolutely exhausted leaving work.  I had to force myself to get on.  I was too tired to even bother with a saddle, but my goodness am I glad I did.  Uno was a rock star.  

We also trail rode as a family this week


We just did a simple dressage ride, focusing on my hands being soft, and him relaxing forward and keeping an even tempo. He warmed up with a long stretchy walk.  As always he likes to use his under neck to avoid work in transitions, so the first few walk - trot transitions involve blocking this with some lateral flexion.  Once there we worked on my hand being soft and forward.  Our trot work was some spiraling in and out on a circle.  

As always Uno totally cares for his people and is so steady.


Then we went into canter.  We cantered around the field on a loose rein focusing on our rhythm and tempo.  Then I asked him to come on the bit and school a few circles.  He was so soft and nice.  We took a walk break, then went back to work on the other lead.  We mirrored the same pattern focusing on a forward long neck and soft mouth. 

Dutch was happy to follow the boys.



Then we went back to trot work which is typically where the work starts to deteriorate.  Uno wants to rush and run once he has been able to canter and struggles to relax.  Yesterday, however, he really tried hard and we were able to get some really stretchy and long-necked trot work without rushing or breaking into canter. 

He makes me so happy!

My husband cracking his head open with a T post pounder makes me less happy.


Comments

Popular Posts