Arg - A Lesson Reflection

No media from this week, so heere is proof that he can be cute.

So after 2 of the best rides EVAH this week we went off to our lesson and SUCKED!  Uno was grumpy and kicking out from the second I put my leg on him.  We worked despite the issues and the work between tantrums was OK, but he never really settled in.  He got worse the longer we worked.  We found very inelegant ways to help him, but it really bothers me that he never settled in.  He starts of pissy and resistant tot he leg.  As it escalates he gets super tense in his back, then starts bucking.  It changes daily which leg he protests touching him.  He was also TERRIBLE about his canter leads.  We ended up doing a lot of counter canter as he kept throwing his outside shoulder through my leg and hand - which means we got the wrong lead about 85% of the time.

More Happy Pony proof.


It is SO frustrating to not know why the bucking started so suddenly.  I have calls into both the vet, chiro, and saddle fitter, but his attitude doesn't really fit any common horse thing.  If his saddle was causing pressure or pain, why does he get better the more I sit into him?  I am not light a person and while I don't flop on him, I am also not the lightest seat.  He is 100% sound based on physical exam, and has been on omeprazole, U-Guard, and a probiotic for his belly.  Awesome trainer says that this doesn't look like a pain issue, it looks like a bratty baby issue.  She says he is throwing a fit about the work getting harder.  Which may well be true, but I want to be 1000% sure that he is not hurting anywhere before we really kick his pony ass.

I just want my happy pony back. 

Comments

Popular Posts