Who is the monkey?

Me. I am. No one should put me in charge of anything.

On Friday I worked from home and DAMN IT! I was gonna ride on my lunch break! And I was gonna jump.

This morning, happy ponies in the misty sunrise.

So I made my SO drag the last of our jumps up to the jump field and I set out some filler and our gate and our barrels. And I set the jumps deliberately a bit big, just enough to make me nervous.  I did not measure but I thought they were around 2'3" - 2'6"... and I got the 2'3" right.  To make it better it had rained all day and our jump field was on a hill.

After the ride - No he did not toss me over alone - although he probably should have.

This was actually 2'3"


Needless to say, my pony is a saint when he jumped me around everything, slipping, sliding but jumping AWESOME! But after slipping badly on both take-off and landing he starting refusing.

Rightly so, I was an idiot for thinking it was safe. 

This is the kind of rainfall we were getting.

So I dropped the fences down and did it some more....

And this angel kept his feet and jumped everything cleanly, but was clearly wondering what the fuck I was thinking.  I ended the ride and freaked out that I ruined his confidence. I texted my trainer and I am going to take him down to her this weekend... and in the meantime, I got out the measuring tape.

It was the biggest we have ever jumped... ever.  I am an idiot.




Comments

Popular Posts