In which Uno holds us all together

 So other than Saturday pretty much all I have done is hack on the roads around my house and lunge at least once a week.  I just didn't care about 'riding' so much as I just want to be with Uno.


One thing to know is that Uno is not snuggly.  He will stand by you and chill.  He will eat any treat you offer.  He will tolerate extended grooming, but he does not want to snuggle.  The closest we really get is in hand body work.  I try really hard to respect this with him, he does so much for me that the least I can do is listen when he tells me that while he will tolerate something, he doesn't really like it.


So we walked around together.


Sometimes on foot.


Sometimes in the saddle.











Sometimes for hours.


Sometimes for 5 minutes.


Sometimes alone.


Sometimes with friends.











Then this Saturday, I came home from going out Curling with friends, and decided to go for a little ride around.  About 1/2 way through our intended ride I sort of *woke up* inside and wanted to go home and see if we could put together a series of cross rails.  I also kept secretly wanting to jump our little XC mini-table.  

So I did.

It was getting close to sunset so we trotted the last mile or so to the house, went down to the jump field and popped around.  I jumped mostly safe things, but dared myself a bit and jumped a little vertical in the hollow, our half pallet jumps, and then at the end, our XC jump.  We mainly trotted (due to just being in his new plain hackamore and thus having sub par breaks). But he absolutely put the biggest smile on my face. This pony is worth his weight in gold.

This is what he thinks of snuggles



Comments

  1. He sounds very much like my Bridget - not overly affectionate or loving, but a steady presence to lean on whenever you need to. Worth their weights in gold <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have their own way of showing love - Uno likes to just stand and be close to me. He doesn't really want to be bothered with - just to enjoy being quiet together. I think he is probably very much like your Bridget.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts