2018 Goals - Uno

I hate New Years Resolutions. I am going to be the same chubby bitchy person this year as I was last year.  I also think that when I put things in wiring I sabotage myself by getting too hyper focused.  I have been slowly changing my horse habits to get rid of a lot of stress and anxiety.  Right now pretending that I don't care helps me not over think and become too anxious.  This has led to me pretty much stopping lessons and just tootling around in my safe place for a while.  However, I still have things that I want to put in writing for the year.


2018 Goals Uno

Who me??


January - March

  • Join our local GMO for dressage and eventing
  • Complete all 3 Pipe Opener Events at any level
  • School the BN dressage test
  • Take 2 lessons
  • MOVE
April - June
  • Complete USDF Training Test 1 at a schooling show
  • Complete a HT at any level
  • Build full course of jumps for home
July - September
  • Get NCDCTA dressage points at Intro and Training Levels
  • Go XC schooling
October - December
  • Get NCDCTA eventing points at Maiden
  • Complete a HT at Maiden
  • Complete a CT at BN

Some of these terrify me, but the beauty of the Uno pony is that even if I ride so poorly you would never guess I used to jump much bigger fences on much fancier horse - he will bring me home safe.  The real goal I have is to get back into regular regimented showing and training, but without the anxiety and pressure to win.  I want to become a better competitor mentally and emotionally.

Comments

Popular Posts