Fail Friday


Work has been... interesting!

So work has been super tough this week.  I work for a Charter School, which is usually AWESOME, but each year the school has a letter writing campaign.  For 2 weeks students daft, edit, then mail professional letters to local businesses to rain awareness and build community partnerships.  This works great for Elementary and Middle grades, but is like pulling teeth with High School students.  Yesterday I edited 404 - yes four HUNDRED and four - letters, while teaching kids how to address and envelope, grading papers, organizing professional development, and fielding parent emails.  My mind is done.  It fizzled out my ears roughly 300 letters ago.

OMG!! We will never be dry again!!!!!!
To make matters worse THAT is the current 2 week forecast.  Build me an ark Noah I am done.  When I said that Charlotte, NC received more rain annually than Portland, OR, I failed to mention the biggest difference between the cities.  In the Northwest rain falls in steady little daily allotments or drizzle or fog.  Here rain falls in sheets and week long floods 2 or 3 times a year.  I am lucky that both a neighbor and my trainer have nice covered arenas with great footing.  I am lucky that my horses are home so that even when the rain is at it's worst I can lunge in the driveway or turn out in the barn yard.  You will never convince me that 24 hours in a stall is good for horses.  

The maddening thing is that our farm is currently on the market.  Which means trying to show it during the grossest nastiest part of the year.  I am like - I promise this mess dries quickly into a nice usable fun place to live.  Please believe me!!  


See sunny and cute!

Shady and peaceful!

The arena is ride able and nice like 300 days a year!

The barn is wonderful, breezy, and cool in the summer.

Who wouldn't want to ride here?

Ok so we are not this bad anymore.

But seriously this is so gross and ugly.

Comments

  1. We're trying to buy a house and everyone just takes their horse properties off the market for the winter. Like we don't even plan on trying again until spring/summer. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts