I suck


We took a 2 day mountain trip with the family.

P was SUPER happy to be photographed.

So it turns out that my little fire pony has a VERY sore lower back.  Like SO sore!!!  The vet wants him on robaxin (sp) for 2 weeks to see what we get at the end.  I got the ok to get back on after 1 week and that was yesterday.  Cue awesome Uno. I feel like such a failure as a horse mom.  He still did not want to pick up his right lead 100% of the time, but there was 0 bucking.  The rain is going to keep me from getting on again until Friday, so we shall see what we have.

Mom is sorry little man!

Meanwhile, Dutch is back in shoes and despite moving like a park horse in front is the soundest he has been in YEARS.  Again I am a failure as a horse mom.  We have fought with this horses feet for years and have let myself be talked out of hoof casts by previous farriers and vets.  Once again we went for the x - ray and vet consult - then reverse shoes, cut back toe, and pour in pads. ANNND we pulled them off every 10 or so days.  His feet were crumbling and I basically bullied my current farrier (who is the BEST) into trying casts.  Which his sole depth it should not have worked. 6 months later his heels have grown, he has doubled his sole depth, and most importantly he is back in shoes with leather sole pads.  He thinks he is the MAN again. 

Good ponies get Starbucks!

Now if only it wasn't the time of year that we hemorrhage money.  Between P's birthday, mini vacations, taxes, vets, horsey dentist, replacing the broken tractor, and registration fees, I am broke.  Like the brokest. 

At least my money pits are cute ones!

Comments

Popular Posts