Why rain?

It seems like winters in NC are becoming wetter and wetter.  #climatechangeisreal  We have had at least 3 rainy days each week since Christmas.  The ground is completely waterlogged.  There are places in our pasture where if you stand still you can hear the water percolating downhill.




Since everything at our place is in a temporary state that is leaving us with some major mud and water issues.

I hate mud.

Like, I loathe it.

We spread so many tons of gravel at our old farm. Prob close to 50 tons over the 4 years we were there.




It meant that the barnyard was always dry and I could wear all my normal shoes out the barn.

I think that next winter that will be the case again, but for right now - all our boots are coated in slop.

It makes me miserable.

We are spending too much time watching TV - it makes me stir crazy!


I love watching my horses from the sofa...





From the kitchen...



From the laundry room...

From my bed...



From the toilet...

But what I really want is to be able to go out and play with them.


Instead, I spend my evenings digging out waterlogged shavings and watching muddy water squirt out. Not fun! : (

Why yes we are supposed to get 3 + inches of rain on Thursday...

The current weather forecast does not give me hope, but the plan is to finish fencing the newly cleared back acre this weekend.  It is just a dirt lot, but it seems like it dries pretty quickly once the sun hits it.  And it gives the horses a place to tear up and run that isn't killing grass.

Comments

Popular Posts