Uno - catching up and looking forward

So CUTE!!

 So I think we have had some solid breakthroughs with Uno.  We have been lessoning consistently and he just keeps showing up better and better. We have a few new tools in the toolbox that really seem to be making a difference.  

booty for days

1. Rebalance with an up and forward hand. No PULLING.  This is on the flat and over fences.

2. Use a stretchy trot to get his hind end working up over his back. Then really keep the hind going as we balance up.

3. Hands forward, shoulders UP!  I do not need to see a stride or grab my neck strap approaching the jumps if I keep my hands forward  Uno will sort it all out, and if I keep my shoulders up he will not look like a moose doing it.



Shoulders Up = Knees Up


4. When I ride the outside shoulder do not throw away the bend.  We can do both.

5. Stop over-flexing my ankles - the heels are down, they do not need to go DOWNER.

6. When in doubt post the canter - it stops me from killing it and makes me BREATHE.


We are actually headed down to Aiken this weekend to put this all together in our first HT since last March.  And dare I say I am actually excited.


Comments

Popular Posts