Things to be joyful about

Within all this uncertainty, there is the ever solidifying feeling that this move was the best choice we have made. 
Sunset on the front porch.

Dog snuggles on the back porch.

When we first moved and the farm part was 'rough' and a struggle - the biggest selling point was the fact that we were so close to family.  There was not a week that went by where we did not visit with BOTH sides of the family either here or at their homes.  My husband has been able to do weekly (or bi-weekly) drop-ins to help his mom, who is the caregiver for his uncle who is fighting stage 3 cancer and suffers from mental illness.

Such a pretty little flower!
This shut down came right as we were ramping up for the most exciting farm projects: barn raising and spring seeding.  It is also causing a large decrease in income from one of my side businesses - I usually make most of my lesson and showing budget over Spring Holidays and Break.  I am not currently taking lessons so that is Ok - it just means that I am not paying off my vet bill account as quickly as I normally would.

We do a lot of this - sometimes riding sometimes as family hand walks.


Despite the lack of grass, we still have to till and rake the bare dirt before we can plant, I am going to put a call into Lowes to see if we can rent a machine now or not, sitting in my barnyard overlooking the horses brings me such peace and joy.

The blue sky makes everything better!

Fattie sun bathes with me.


Every time I started to get overwhelmed I would logoff my computer and take a backyard brain break.  It has made all the difference.

It is not a bad workspace, but sometimes you still need a break.
Since Amazon is still up and running, I ordered the electric top rail for the rest of the fencing.  We got all the T posts in, and are waiting to hear back about the auger rental to put our final 20 wood posts in.  We are about a week away from having everything fenced in and gated!!


Measuring out and marking gate posts.

Spring is slowly waking up all the trees - it is so green and warm for early spring, but I will take it.

My happy place.

So picture-esque.


Comments

Popular Posts