Spring Break Catch Up

 Yesterday my Grandma came over and spent time with her boys.  She brought approx. 900 pounds of carrots and these piggies recognize her on site.  She doesn't go in their pastures anymore because they can knock her over, but she always brings 'her boys' treats.




Last Friday my husband and I actually went out into public (kinda) so I snapped an obligatory selfie.  
I also took a jumping lesson with a new trainer and it was AWESOME - I have no media, but I will do a write up soon anyway.  I am happy to say that Uno was an absolute angel!

Over break, I planted lots of flowers and prepped the garden, and moved my lil chickies out into the big world.  Slowly but surely we are landscaping and pretty-ing up the house and farm.

I also broke our frost-free hydrant and spent $$$ getting it fixed.  Lesson learned - do not leave attached hoses where donkies can play tug with them.

These pictures are taken exactly a year apart in the same part of the pasture.  1 - Look at that BELLY I LOVE IT!!  2 - Look at hoe GREEN.  I have the suspicion that 2 has a lot to do with 1.  Also we have had a lot of dry and hot (ish) days so the ground has dried out faster than normal.  That means that Dutch's hoof casts are in the mail.  He is not quite sound, but it seems to be more about stepping on rocks or sticks than anything else at this point.  He still happily walks out for his hacks and trail rides, he just isn't dressage capable at this point.  

He is a massive land hippo though - look at that belly.  I also cleaned and reorganized the tack and storage areas of the barn, and the garage.  I finally fell like we have control over the chaos these places became over winter.



And we have spent a lot of days enjoying the sun with the boys.  Spring time is the (second) best season of all.



Comments

Popular Posts