Coming At You

 Even the best ponies have bad days, and this one wasn't even bad, just stupid.  To recap last week:

Wednesday: We went for a neighborhood hack.

Thursday:  We had a jump school where I rode like a monkey for the first half constantly picking.  Then fixed my hands and shoulder and immediately got the ride from our last lesson and cruised around a couple courses happy as can be.

Best pony mode activated.


Friday: Went for a ride with both boys.  Hand a wonderful hack and was able to work on our home work of picking Uno up in the walk, being on the bit a bit; then going back out on a free walk, with long reins; then mixing in trot, without jigging at the end.  He was awesome.  

Dutch spent the whole time in giraffe/ dolphin mode.  Head sky-high and jumping around like a crack head.



Uno is always annoyed by his older brother, and I cannot blame him.

Then on the way home we stopped to meet some baby cows.  I got off Uno, which was a mistake.  I think Dutch touched the electric fence, but all I know is that Uno spooked over the top of me.  I hung on to both horses, but am a bit battered.

I tried to ride on Sat, but it was mostly a walk - my leg HURT!  So they both had Sunday off and we will try again today.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts