Weekly Check In

 


Not going to lie - I am still very much struggling with my mental health and handling everything in real life world.



In horse world, Uno continues to be the most amazing EVER!  We jumped this wide maiden-height oxer at home on our own.  I will not lie I got scared about seeing (or NOT) a distance, but instead of pulling or going fetal, I checked for my neck strap and added leg.  We nailed it perfectly both times.  I was not as able to get 'the good canter' to just ride around on, but I got it through the corner approaching each jump and Uno was STELLAR!!!




This monkey blew another abcess in a hind foot but is still fine to do our walk work, so I got back on this week for 2 rides.  The first Lew was NOT convinced he should be working and tried his plant and rear manoeuver.  BUT we had a breakthrough, if I hassled him with my legs, he would get more sour and worse behaved.  However, if I gave him a light tap on the shoulder he immediately went right back to work, no shenanigans.  He also LOVES pole work, so if I set out pole to walk over he is happy to work for 30 minutes or more.  


My pretty boys.

Comments

Popular Posts