Trot Comparisons

One of the most interesting things to me is the difference you can see in Uno's shape, stride, and balance.  I know that not all of these pictures are taken at the same point in the stride, but I tried to be close.

Looking at each of these images it becomes clear how much stronger and softer Uno has gotten.  I was taught that the legs of a properly moving horse will make equal triangles under their body.  You can see in the older pictures, Uno's hind triangle is habitually smaller than his front.




 Just in stride length alone, he has come so far.  I think it is important to look at pictures like this.  The progress in dressage can come in such small pieces that it feels like you are going no where.  I do like his weight better in the old pictures, I like him with a bit more cover along his top line. 


Comments

  1. The difference is amazing! Nice work bringing him along. This must be so rewarding to see :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts