A full weekend, but most importantly

 

I will be writing about this a bit later, because the most important thing is that Dutch is FINALLY feeling better! I know this because he broke the gate back into the barn and through one of his trademark parties while I was at the grocery store...



We went on a 3 mile toodle around yesterday and I didn't plan for Dutch to go - but he was begging at his door for some adventure time.  He powered through the whole hilly 3 miles like a champ! 



Event better is that he can now reach down and graze/ eat hay in a more natural position.  He is clearly still VERY sore in his right neck, but he is getting more and more motion back and I am here for it!


He is also still the apple of my eye and the most beautiful horse in the world. Uno isn't too bad either.

Now for the not so good. Ugly cut pics below.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.







He has clearly ripped his stitches.  The healing skin looks good, but keeping it clean is a struggle.  It would probably be better at this stage to let it dry out, but his keeps trying to swell up, so wrapping his front legs is a priority. Also our weather this time of year is SO unpredictable, wrapping it is the only way to be sure that he will not coat it in mud.

I know that there is no way he gets out of this without scars, or new lumps and bumps (he has a new knot on a hind cannon bone that seems to be here to stay), but can I just say how happy I am to see him act himself and have some light back in his eyes.


And for him to be making SO MANY MESSES!! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts