Babbling and a breakdown Pt 1

Not as a surprise, but I am really struggling with my mental health.  My Grandpa and my cat died in the same week, both equally unexpectedly. Then work started back up in the midst of a surge in COVID cases.  My emotional bandwidth is pretty narrow at this point.  On top of all of that Dutch is once again struggling with his feet and hocks.

Here are a series of pictures and my descriptions/ rambles about them.



Earlier this month Dutch was very happy to hack out and pony Uno.  We explored the woods and trotted up hills and were happy.







We went up to Wisconsin for my Grandpa's Memorial and came home with a new truck.  The drive home was long, but we pulled down our road just as the sun came up.  The drive was long, but coming home was beautiful.



Dutch and I went for a toodle around and he was not feeling it.  He was noticeably off in the trot and not acting up at all.  When I got off I noticed that the fit on one of his boots was pretty crappy.  His breathing was fine, and he ate up his dinner well.



Then we took new truck on its maiden voyage and all the wheels fell off.  Dutch was noticeably struggling, both with his breathing and his feet.  Even Uno thought the trail was too rocky and acted up.  I got off and walked Dutch the last 1/2 mile stopping frequently.  I was also SUPER FREAKED, but his farrier was supposed to come the next day, so I held on for that.

THEEEEEN.. my farrier got COVID.  I may have had a little bit of a breakdown...  






Comments

Popular Posts