Lesson Recap

Uno and I went off for our lesson this week and I had high hopes.  Even though I fell this week, I thought we had a few really nice rides.  


Tack updates for the spring: I changed out my stirrups for some old Fillis ones I had in storage.  They actually felt pretty good on my feet, even though they were 1/2 the width.  I also added back the fleece 1/2 pad. Uno is back in his 3-point breastplate. I am not thrilled with it, his saddle stays in place for our hacks and flat work, but when we jump it slides pretty far back.  Uno is not bothered by this and his back has been feeling really good, I am not happy that we have to have a breastplate again.


Our flat work stayed pretty simple.  We made figure 8s over a set of poles in walk and trot.  I was supposed to work on keeping Uno round and watching my left hand.  Trainer wants my left hand to be more still and closed around the rein, and for my right hand to be more 'alive' and give and take.  Then we cantered... his canter was better than last time, but Uno still tries to pre-emptively choose what he thinks I am going to ask for. This means that as soon as I prepped a cue he would just start offering things I did not want.  


Trainer had me practice going from posting to seated trot and without letting anything change.  Once we had that down we went to jumping. 

I do not have a ton to say about the instruction here - we are continuing to work on re-programing my brain. I was so happy with my progress this week.  We just got right to it.  My job was to get a good canter and then not pull.  Uno's job was to jump the fence. We both nailed it.

I don't think you can see it - but I am smiling SO BIG!!


Comments

Popular Posts