It is getting serious...

 2 rides in 2 days... It is getting serious guys.

Just a baby

The weather finally turned this weekend and I have some safe ground to ride on.  Don't worry the rain will be back on Wednesday.  

On Sunday I tried putting on my dressage saddle - which I hated and immediately got off. I put my jump saddle on, but I rattled my confidence when a bunch of deer came through the woods.  So I got off and lunged. Turning is still real hard for Louis, but we are finally understanding the purpose of lunging.

He loves the tree by the mounting block.

Then I got back on a rode for about 20 minutes walking around the field, turning around jumps.  Then picking places to trot.  We finished by trotting a big 20 meter circle.  He was so good.

He stands PERFECTLY for mounting now. I love it.

Yesterday, while super interested in snuggling; Louis was not about that work life.  His current evasion is to just stop and turn and look at me.  Totally fine - his feet are still growing out, this made his 5th ride off track.  I am in no hurry.  I just waited him out.  

Why is he so tall????

The saddle should not be over my head ok..

We ended by doing large figure 8s over a ground pole at the walk.  He was so so good. 

I tried to take a grown up riding horse side picture...

did not succeed. Still Just a BABY!!


Comments

Popular Posts