Finally Rain

 The last week or so post-Warhorse has been pretty quiet.  We have had thunderstorms rolling in and are getting much-needed rain.  The horses and I have been hacking out at least 5 times a week and they are both feeling really good!


I set up a few small jumps in our jump field, and have popped over them all once or twice at the end of our rides and Uno has been AWESOME!


I had to get a new horse proof feed container - Uno has started breaking back into the barn if I am late to feed in the morning.  We were using vital vaults, but he can break those open if he tosses them around enough.  The new feed bin is large and has a locking latch that Uno cannot undo.   I have it divided into two sections - one side holds 3 bags of feed and the other side is the perfect size to drop in the bag of their Stress Free chaff.  

While it rains we are just enjoying the down time.


Comments

Popular Posts